05 March 2010

Java Java Java

So I made a commitment to myself that I would work my way through all of Headfirst Java over my spring break.
Currently we stand, 200 pages down today (300 total) and another 300 to go with the second cup of coffee in hand.

Even now though I am already feeling better about the things I had done in the Android Programmers' Guide that I hadn't before and it all has to do with delving into the world of Object-Oriented Programming.
We've only recently started to scrape the surface of it in my University's studies. We are using C++ so there are some similarities the key word being some.

Such things as
Button thisButton = (Button) new Button(blah blah blah)
which had before turned my world upside down are now all starting fall into place and all because of the OO that I'm learning in Java.

My panic about the unexpectedly soon dead line of the Symposium is starting to subside as I get more comfortable with the objects that keeping my mental state company.

No comments:

Post a Comment